Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fardleblah

("Fardleblah" is my own word, at least I think it's mine, essentially meaning "nonsense" or "absurdity," but with a more caustic, epithetic sort of feeling.)

Sometimes I'm too busy to blog, and the rest of the time I haven't felt motivated. Perhaps its the moronic spewings after Lieberman's loss in CT -- gee, I guess the talking heads can't handle the thought that, in this war-thing we have going on now, those in charge have really dropped the ball time and time again, and so people are now thinking of dropping those in charge and those who support them? Perhaps it was referendum on Lieberman? And could we stop with comparing the Democrats to the Taliban?

(By the way, I don't trust either party, generally. I think most of the politicians are more interested in power than in this thing called democracy. If Lieberman respected democracy, he would have said something along the lines, "While I disagree with the choice the majority of voters have made, I shall respect their choice." And then there's Bob Ney, and Tom Delay, and "Duke" Cunningham, and that guy who was keeping money in his freezer, and "the internet is a bunch of tubes" . . . man I'm tired . . . look, I'm very in favor of term limits for congressmen, and I'm often anti-incumbent.)

And then there's the Floyd Landis debacle. I was so inspired by his comeback during the Tour de France. So now, supposedly, he had synthetic testosterone in his system. There's a few possible conclusions to this, none of them good: 1) He did it on purpose, so now he's lying. Our good, American, Mennonite-raised, adversity-overcoming guy is lying. 2) Somebody did something that put something into his system without him knowing it. Which means someone's screwing with the players without their knowledge. 3) Somebody doctored the urine samples, so that the tests would come out bad. Which means someone's screwing with the players without their knowledge. 4) There's something wrong with the tests, so the tests came out twice with a false positive. Which means the tests can't be reliable.

See what I mean? There's no way I'll be able to watch the Tour again and be happy about it! Are there any scandals yet with tennis / marathon / triathlons / chess? I can still happily watch those, yes?

Meanwhile, a couple of minor local triumphs, Jen guessed that the antagonist on Stargate: Atlantis was actually a Replicant before it was actually revealed, and I predicted that a certain minor character on Stargate:SG-1 was about to bite it right before it happened (he got attacked by what looked a big mutant bear-boar thing).

And there you go. Merry Christmas.

No comments: