Pages

Monday, September 25, 2006

Death and Life

Patrick Quinn, former prez of Actors' Equity who was slated to become the new executive director, died of a heart attack at 56. Here's the NYTimes article (registration may be required).

I also found out that my fourth-grade teacher, Edna Jarvis, died, at 63. To be honest, I don't remember much about fourth grade, but I do remember seeing Ms. Jarvis on occasion years later and that she was very nice.

This is all a part of life . . .
____________
. . . but also, life is a part of life --

My older brother, Phil, just turned 40 on the 24th. His young sons wished him a happy birthday a day earlier, apparently because they thought it was more fun to say You're gonna be old as dirt than to say You ARE old as dirt.

And my younger sister Tenneil is pregnant! She and her husband John seem to be happy about it, and I shall gear up for my 10th uncling (uncle-ing) -- 4 via older sis Laura, 2 via Phil, 3 via marriage / Jen's bro Barry and his wife Sara, and sometime next year (knock wood) a newbie via T&J. I'm goin' into double digits.

Sadness and joy, rain and rainbows.

No comments: