Pages

Friday, November 10, 2006

Orsino-ful and Fasch-less

I've been avoiding my blog. It's a dangerous time right now. Too much space around me.

Sleeping Beauty closed on Sunday. It was a great experience, and I miss those folks. I want to work with them again.

I am ready to return to more adult audiences now, after listening to the little ones laugh for a while. The batteries are feeling refreshed. With that in mind --

I'll be playing Duke Orsino in Twelfth Night at Cumberland Theatre -- a quick run, opening Dec. 6 and closing Dec. 17. He's a fun, lusty, egocentric character, and I'm very ready to play in that territory for a litle while. Also, on Nov. 27 at 7pm, I will be in a staged reading of Voodoo Today Here Now 5, by Joe Musso, at Rep Stage / HCC, in the recital studio in the new performing arts building.

So I guess that's all good. But it's not all, not quite. See, I recently had an audition for Bach at Leipzig, and I didn't get the role. Life of an actor, yes . . . but this one I worked very hard for, pushing for the audition, and memorizing and working and reworking and reworking two long monologues and a couple scenes. So I was very disappointed when it went to someone else (even though I like the guy), because this role meant a lot to me. It's taking some time to wash away. Odd. I have the most success with the auditions I'm casual about ( tho' not, NOT, apathetic!) -- which is why I've been really successful with commercial auditions, because I'm absolutely incapable of taking them too seriously.

Well, well. Sometimes I hit, sometimes I miss, sometimes Republicans win, sometimes Democrats (and boy-o-boy, the R's earned the drubbing they got this go 'round), and throughout it all, the big blue world keeps turning regardless. That I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend-- it's your friendly neighborhood SB woodwind player here. I've been having Peter withdrawals and thought I'd look up your blog...so... HI!!! (Makes the Rock On sign and grooves to Zoolife)