Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Demetrius, P.4

(Image via)

New update. The latest news I have is via a voicemail message, so I can only be broad right now. Still, worthwhile info:

Dee is out of ICU, as of maybe 2 weeks ago. Good, of course.

And he is now conversing, quietly. That's excellent: that sort of communication, so I hear, is a "higher function." To put it poorly, when an injury happens to an organ, functions generally come back "online" lower to higher, lower being the more necessary functions, breathe, eat, etc., higher more like, "dude, where's my comic books?" Not that he's specifically called me and asked me that yet, but supposedly now we might be able to broach that subject.

More news, hopefully, soon.

Keep praying, knocking wood, etc. I won't be content 'til Dee and I take a jog to the local coffee shop, where we'll play chess and talk about women, music, and mouse-traps (long story).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Peter!
funny you mention it... he asked for his comics a few days ago! He's doing really well. :)

-jenny