Pages

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm Dreamy, and I Smell Like Peanut Butter Cup

Twelfth Night opened yesterday, with a matinee and an evening show. The audiences were small, but so I'm told that's normal for the Wednesday opening shows, because everyone in town knows the cast is still bumping through it a bit. I've heard Friday should be good.
___________

My face was feeling dry, so I went out and got some lotion, which happened to have cocoa butter in it. Esther (Viola) said she thinks her character is attracted to Orsino because he's "dreamy and smells like a peanut butter cup."
__________

And I got to meet another celebrity, who I found out is from this area: William H. Macy. From our brief meeting and according to our director, Mr. Macy is a really good guy, friendly. He was impressed that we put this show up in a week (true, that's no small accomplishment). After the evening show, Bob, the Stage Manager, told the cast "someone wants to meet you." My first thought when I came out was, "Huh, that guy look like Bill Macy." My second thought was, "Oh, that's because . . . ."

No comments: