Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

a bearable lightness of being

This is Sadie.  Short for Sadist, because of how she used to bite down too hard when she had her puppy teeth.
__________________

It's been way heavy lately. A series of frustrating and unsuccessful auditions (as well was a few auditions I didn't get called about that I don't understand). And then something outside of me really shook me:

On the day before my 39th birthday, someone very close to me passed away.
I won't go into details on this, except to say: The world is a better place for having her in it.

And recently I performed an Iago monologue for an audition. Just awful. Horrible. I said all the words right, but there wasn't anything behind it. I couldn't bring it. I just didn't want to "be there."

So I stared in the mirror and I gazed at my navel, and then remembered that the me I like is more accurately represented by this than by Iago:

No comments: