Pages

Monday, March 06, 2006

Great Scott!!

I suppose I should comment on Scott Bakula, who plays Charlie Anderson in SHENANDOAH. Scott, for those of you who don't know (and even for those of you that do), starred in the TV shows QUANTUM LEAP and ENTERPRISE. He did a few other things as well, but that's what he's most known for.

It turns out that Scott's a good guy. We had rehearsed for a week-and-a-half before he joined us. His first rehearsal was a fight rehearsal, and he jumped in just like a professional should. The scene that he and I "share" is very fun for me -- Scott looks me in the eye, and he reacts to what I give him (hopefully I return the favor). He has never given any sense that he is above us. I don't want to sound like I'm fawning -- he simply behaves like a pro should, and his fame doesn't seem to have gone to his head.
___________________

Meanwhile . . . I am really enjoying reading about quantum mechanics (and didn't realize until just this moment about that similarly-named show Scott was in). I like it because it's kinda magical in how it works. Because, in its smallest details, we live in a wild, wild, wild universe. Technically, according to QM, I could walk right through a cement wall. Really, it's not impossible; it's really, really, really, really unlikely, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE! I can't test this idea myself right now because I'm, uh . . . busy . . . but if anyone out there would like to give it a go, please feel free. Let me know if you have any success.

No comments: