Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ju suis l'omelette du frommage

My apologies to all my adoring fans . . . and anyone else who reads this blog . . . anyone? . . . . For the lack of update. Lame Excuse: always tired / don't have a fun picture ready / don't know if anyone's reading this / my pinky hurts (okay, the last one isn't true, but I did recently get a cut on my hand during a run of the show because of a partly broken prop. I told someone I was getting a Jesus complex, so I was starting to develop stigmata).

Fear not! I'll get back to it. In the short term, I have a couple of recent dreams for you: 1) I dreamed that Scott Bakula was directing a show. I wasn't in the show, but I was understudying all the roles -- which was odd even in the dream, because I'm a union actor, but all the roles were non-union. Nobody would explain this to me in the dream. Also, Scott wanted me to make a "prop" spinal cord, and he wanted me to make it out of a 2x4 that he handed to me. 2) In this dream, Richard Frederick (a castmember, who portrays the Marauder) couldn't be there for a show, so his understudy had to go in for him. BUT . . . (in the dream) . . . Richard also had a solo number at the beginning of Act 2, and it was suddenly decided that I was to cover the song. For this solo I had to dress as a Frenchman, with a curly wig and thin moustache. And I was to walk on the beach when I sang. I was very concerned, because I didn't know the song and no one had ever given me the music for it.

And there you go. Analyze that, I DARE YOU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter!
Way to go with Shenandoah! Hope to meet you this weekend. I went to high school with Mr. B (aka Drak) and was one of his little daughters in Fiddler way back in 1973. Paul T. (who I'm connected to through my dad's being on the board at the Alley Theatre in Houston) is working it out for my daughter who is majoring in theatre design and production at U of Mich to shadow the stage manager at a Shenandaoh performance this weekend. She's thrilled. She's already a pretty awesome little stage manager herself. I hope to meet you and enjoy your blog.
Kate Whitaker