Pages

Friday, April 07, 2006

Gobble, gobble.

Today we had a 12 pm matinee and a 7:30 evening show. 12pm matinees are for school groups, and this is the second one of those we've had thus far. And so far, both 12pm matinees have been preceded by me walking the hallways, waving my hands above my head and saying, "Screaming teenagers, woohoo!" Because that's what they do whenever guns are fired, and during curtain call. Actually, I've rather enjoyed it. They've been good audiences.

By the way, Shenandoah has been extended to May 21, though Scott B. will be leaving after April 30. Brian Sutherland will be taking his place for the remainer of the run (he's a good guy, and I heard a rumor he was in the original production of Cats). AND -- we got a good review in Variety magazine.
http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117930133?categoryId=33&cs=1


Meanwhile . . . here's proof that things can get better in the world, to wit:

1) Charles "Find My Picture In The Dictionary Next To The Word Corrupt" Taylor is in prison and will be tried for crimes against humanity. And why not? I think he's earned it.

2) Tom "Oh, Hammers Can Be Used To Build Things? Who Knew?!" Delay is resigning his seat -- uh, because polls have shown he has only a 50-50 chance of retaining his seat in the next election? I thought he liked a good fight. I think there's more to this than that claim. We shall see.

3) A new dinosaur has been discovered in Utah: Hagryphus giganteus, which means "giant four-footed, bird-like god of the western desert.” It is believed to stand about 7 ft. tall, and it supposedly looks like a giant turkey. I don't know why, but it seems to me that Utah is the perfect place to find a 7 ft. tall, prehistoric turkey. Happy Thanksgiving.
http://unews.utah.edu/p/?r=040306-2

No comments: