Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Good Friday



Yesterday was the anniversary of Lincoln's assassination. Yesterday was also Good Friday -- and guess what? The assassination also occurred on Good Friday (I heard someone say that some people back then were critical of Lincoln when he decided he was going to a theatre instead of to church on G. F.).
Well, during yesterday's performance, I was quite aware of the significance of the date. And, to be honest, I kept feeling as if ol' A.L. himself was watching us from that famous box seat. And I kept feeling like he was really enjoying the show. Well, Abe, just so you know, that made me feel pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all got into this Sunday's USA Weekend--there was a little blurb in the gossip section about how Scott Bakula has his heart in the theater & is therefore playing in Shenandoah at Ford's Theater--and I thought, "That's my brother's show!"

Glad Abe's enjoying it. He's probably taking a much-needed break from banging his head against the White House walls.