Pages

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Sun Sets on Shenandoah

Oops. Carl noted that I didn't mention what my callback was for on 5/15. It was for The Foreigner at the Olney Theatre. I read for Froggy and Charlie. My Froggy reading was good; my Charlie wasn't anything special. I haven't heard back from them re further callbacks, and the grapevine has it that casting has been finished for that show. 'S okay -- I felt a bit young for Froggy, and perhaps they felt the same. Meanwhile . . . .



Shenandoah closed yesterday. I don't really feel it yet, but I've been going pretty hardcore these past few weeks, with the show plus 18 hours of commuting per week plus various auditions plus teaching part of an acting class plus a couple of other little projects, etc. It's Monday, which has been my official "day off" for the past 15 weeks, though this is the first time in a number of weeks it has behaved like a day off. I could very easily spend the day staring into space and in a quiet monotone repeatedly muttering "hwuhhhhh." I'm exhausted.

What a ride it's been lately! Hooboy! Does Shenandoah have a future after this? There have been murmurs of a Broadway run or a tour, but currently there's only murmurs. This might be the "end" of it. But it might not. It would be a kick for it to have a second life. Right now, though, I'd love something with more meat to it for me personally. I'm itching to chew on some scenery.
_________

And in the news: Prince has been voted the "sexiest [male] vegetarian" in a PETA online pole. I can't say I'm jealous, because I eat seafood, and therefore don't qualify. Besides, he's vegan, which takes a lot of dedication.
http://www.goveg.com/feat/sexiestveg2006/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter, I just discovered your blog. I saw Shenandoah in March and again in April. The show was amazing, and I hope every cast member goes on to bigger and better roles--you were all wonderful! Your scene at the well with "Charlie" had some of my favorite dialogue.

Thanks for giving us a glimpse backstage--I wish I'd found this during the play's run. Here's hoping those Broadway murmurs lead to a real announcement.

Oh, a belated Happy Birthday!