Pages

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Slacker!

Why, you ask, hasn't Peter posted in so long? Because Peter is . . . a slacker. I have some lame excuses: show, understudy rehearsals, visiting relatives, car issues . . . but, really, I coulda posted 1 or 2 or 3 by now. Anyhoo --

News:
1) Relations. My mom visited for a couple of days. She saw Shenandoah on Tuesday the 25th and said she really enjoyed it. I introduced her to a few people there, like so -- Me: "Hey, _____, this is my mom." Mom: "You can call me Marge." This intro eventually became -- Me: "Hey, _____, this is my mom. You can call her Marge." Mom: "Hi!" Then Jen's mom and dad (Terre and Barry) came to visit, arriving hours after my mom left. They stayed through the morning of May 1. I didn't get to spend much time with them, because of my work. But they saw the matinee on Saturday the 29th, as did Jenny's aunt and uncle (Leslie and George -- George and Barry are brothers). Everyone seemed to be fairly impressed with the show, and we all went out for an early dinner afterwards.
2) Callbacks. I have a couple of callbacks coming up soon. First, Bach at Leipzig at Rep Stage, where I might see my good friend Carl Randolph, who also was called back. Then, a week later, a call back for The Foreigner at the Olney Theatre . . . where I might once again see Carl! So, wish us luck. Cross your fingers, knock on wood, etc., etc. Carl and I were both in The Killer Angels at Wayside Theatre (directed by Warner Crocker, who as far as I know was not called back for these shows, but then, he didn't audition in the first place. So there you go.).

No comments: