Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Best Supporting Actor: Sgt. Johnson

Thanks for the comments to the previous post, y'all -- and by the way there's an interesting irony in getting good "highly secret occult" witch vibes when one of the plays you're auditioning for is Macbeth. Proofreader -- I don't know what the deal is, Shenandoah not getting a single Helen Hayes nom. I checked their list, and also noticed that Ford's Theatre isn't mentioned for anything. Hm. Nor is Imagination Stage, though I heard there's an odd rule that essentially allows HH to ignore a lot of children's theatre (I skimmed through their rules, though, and didn't see it, though). Don't know why. Hmph.

News . . . not much yet. The audition for Macbeth at BSF went "alright" (as defined on Feb. 10) -- read a couple of scenes playing the title role. So did a whole bunch of other guys. The waiting area was very cold. The audition area was very hot. One of the women who read for Lady Macbeth with me was very pregnant. The audition at Round House went . . . "not bad" which is a half step up from "alright" which is a half step up from fine. Clear, yes? I read for the character Blind Pew in Treasure Island (with marvelous Scots dialect, thank you very much), and after I read, they asked me about my stage combat experience -- a plus for me, since I have plenty. No word from either place thus far, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. Keep vibing, please.

Also: a further callback at Bay Theatre, coming very soon. So the ball rolls a bit further.

Another cartoon coming soon. Hope y'all don't mind.

No comments: