Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2007

And Lately

Actor Update: Table Manners opened Friday at The Bay Theatre in Annapolis. Though the audiences were small – mid-size, the response was very good. Tim King, a local actor et al. who saw a performance, complimented my work. Then he and I spent the next ten minutes trying, unsuccessfully, to figure out where he and I had met before.

Auditions in the past few days: @ Taylor-Royall , for a commercial spoof series (unsuccessful, there); a general audition at Everyman Theatre ; and a callback at Rep Stage for Mrs. Farnsworth by AR Gurney. No responses from ET and RS so far, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. The auditions went "fine" and "alright," respectively (definitions of these words HERE).

Saturday, I attended 4 hours worth of a stage combat workshop with instructors Lewis Shaw, Scott Mann, and Chuck Coyl -- “Fast and Furious”-style fighting (a mix of martial arts, street, and other good stuff) and close-quarter knife fighting. Very fun. Took me a little while to shake off the rust, though.

Upcoming: an audition for a couple of shows at Imagination Stage, a place I'm very fond of.

No comments: