Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

An Auditioner's Life

I would have titled this "An Actor's Life," but I sometimes feel a touch presumptuous calling myself an actor when I'm not holding an acting job at that moment (though I have seen / heard / read a few people call themselves "actors" who really shouldn't -- heck, I'm sitting at a desk that I built, but I ain't callin' myself a furniture designer. Does hanging posters on your wall make one an interior decorator? I take the trash out every few days, so does that make me a garbage man?)

But a few auditions have come up, at least. I didn't feel very good about my recent one at Signature, to be honest. I had two yesterday, one for a commercial and one for an "interactive film"(a sort of instructional film, that's about what I know). I felt good about both of these, but here's the thing: with theatre auditions, I usually get some sense of how the audition went. With TV / film, I usually do best when I get no strong impression of how it went. Hm. A couple more auditions are coming up in the next few days. Cross your fingers.

And the drawing pad is getting some use again: I'll have another drawing posted soon, hope you like it.
_________

Otherwise: Here's an explanation of each of the 10 theoretical dimensions in our universe (I feel so pleased, I actually understood them. Sortakindasorta-ish). And: Milk beer? Guh.

No comments: