Pages

Friday, February 09, 2007

Opus Is Not Just a Penguin


A handful of auditions, but no solid bites thus far. It is very frustrating. Outside of auditions, I haven't been in rehearsals or performances for a month-and-a-half, and it's driving me bananas. Feels like a year.

The latest: I did a general audition for Baltimore Shakespeare Festival on Saturday, and then had a callback for Opus at the Washington Stage Guild on Monday. I've already received a call that I was not cast for Opus -- but it's okay, sorta. Though I thought my audition went well, I felt that I was a touch younger than what they were looking for.

I do want to say this: the audition for Stage Guild was fun. Some auditions, you go in, you do your thing -- cold reading, monologue, what have you -- and you get no response whatsoever from whomever is watching you. Audience response is food to a stage actor (and in this case the director / producer / head of casting, etc., is your audience) and auditions like that leave you still hungry, and dissatisfied. At Stage Guild, the director and producer responded. It felt good. Additionally, for the production manager to call and say that I was not cast is an act of kindness -- so much better to know than to sit and wonder. And, now I know I'm on their radar. So, check 'em out, they're good folks.

Baltimore Shakes -- well, I got a good feel from them, and I got a callback for Macbeth on Saturday. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

break a leg, macduff

Anonymous said...

do the Baltimore Shakespeare gig for the money- but not for the quality. Their shows are terrible.